Travel Tips to Attend Aircraft Dispatching Schools in the US
There are aircraft dispatching schools all over the world, but Sheffield School of Aeronautics is by far the oldest and most prestigious. There’s no question as to why many different students from all over the United States, and also from the far reaches of the globe, choose to train at Sheffield.
Long before they can secure themselves an aircraft dispatcher job and have a stable career in the aviation industry, students attending our aeronautics school must travel to our location in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Regardless of where you’re traveling, there’s always a lot to prepare and plenty of things to keep in mind; especially when leaving home for an extended period of time, such as going to take a course at an aeronautics school. The following is a travel guide for those students who are choosing to make the journey from overseas to study at Sheffield.
Please check visit the Sheffield international students page for information regarding visas, certificate conversions, and frequently asked questions.
- Make sure you keep a folder filled with all your important documents (visa information, passports, etc.) and keep it in a safe place. Make copies of those documents and carry them with you.
- Be sure to have tied up all possible loose ends on your side before you leave to our aeronautics school. Come with a fresh mind in order to disregard things from home that may distract you. You are here to study and eventually get an aircraft dispatcher job. Focusing on the future is what’s best for you as soon as you touch down.
- We take care of accommodation for you, so there is no need to worry about where to stay. Students live within walking distance of the aircraft dispatcher school, the local supermarkets, and many surrounding restaurants.
- Be social. We recommend that students form study groups to help them learn the material and excel in the course. Study groups are optional; however, from experience, we know what works best for those who attend aircraft dispatching schools from A to Z.
- Have fun, but study hard. We understand the lure to explore your new surroundings is high, and we know that students will be visiting the downtown areas, as well as Fort Lauderdale beaches – they’re hard to resist! Take the time to have fun, but make sure to continually focus on your material while enrolled in our aeronautics school.
- Be sure to communicate with the staff at Sheffield. We are available for you from the moment you enroll in your course to the moment you land your aircraft dispatcher job. Feel free to reach out at any given moment.
- Full Guide for International Students Studying at an Aircraft Dispatcher School
- Request a Catalog
- References and Aircraft Dispatcher Resources
- Dispatcher Course Discounts(Please submit these certificates when you register for enrollment in the aircraft dispatcher course)