5 Steps to Become an Aircraft Dispatcher
Aircraft dispatching has become one of the most exciting careers in aviation. With benefits such as free travel, paid vacation, and complete insurance, there is no better time to become an aircraft dispatcher.
Has the New Year caused you to second guess your career? Are you thinking of becoming an aircraft dispatcher and need to know how? Sheffield School of Aeronautics: Airline Career & Aircraft Dispatcher Certification can help!
Sheffield School of Aeronautics is the world’s oldest and most reputable aircraft dispatching school. If you are considering going to school for aircraft dispatching, there is no better choice that Sheffield.
Now that you have taken the first step of your new career, here is a small checklist to ensure that you are ready for your new aircraft dispatcher career.
- High School Diploma: As basic as it may sound, a high school diploma is a requirement for any aircraft dispatching school. If you didn’t graduate high school, check local schools and community colleges for GED courses that can help fulfill this requirement.
- Hands-on experience or training: The FAA requires dispatchers to have prior experience with airplanes and flight plans. Some jobs to look into in your area: dispatch clerk or radio operator. You can also earn a college degree or degree in meteorology as a pre-requisite.
- Study, study, and study some more: Make sure that you do a fair amount of studying flight planning, weather, and aircraft regulations. Knowing as much information as possible that pertains to aircraft dispatching will give you a leg up once you get to aircraft dispatching school.
- Enroll in an FAA-Accredited aircraft dispatcher training program at Sheffield.
- Take the FAA aircraft dispatcher certification test: This first part of this exam is a 3 hour test that consists of 80 written questions. Part two of the exam is a hands-on test in which you will have to demonstrate that you have mastered flight planning, emergency protocols, pre-flight and departure routines, in-flight practices, landing regulations, and post-flight routines.
From here, the rest is all up to whichever private, commercial airline, or freight carrier is looking to hire in your area, and with an aircraft dispatching certification from Sheffield, you should have no problem landing the career of your dreams.
With over 65 years of experience in training, earning your certification from our world renowned facility will certainly put you ahead of other job candidates. Sheffield’s reputation as the strongest international aircraft dispatching school is guaranteed to land you the job of your dream.