Getting Your Aircraft Dispatcher Certification Online
A busy schedule can get in the way of achieving our dreams and growing ourselves, and we understand that it’s difficult to take the time that you need to start a new career path, especially if it requires quitting your current job to go back to school. But at Sheffield School of Aeronautics, we offer online aircraft dispatcher courses. If you are interested in becoming an aircraft dispatcher but don’t have the time to attend class during normal business hours, or if you are cross-country and don’t have the means to travel to our aircraft dispatcher school in South Florida, Sheffield offers Distance Learning.
Our distance learning program is one of the main online aircraft dispatcher courses that Sheffield designed to ensure that our students have the highest chance of success.
ADX Requirements to Take Online Aircraft Dispatcher Courses:
- The FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Knowledge test (ADX) should be passed with a 70% or higher prior to starting Phase 1 of the online course.
- Sheffield recommends that you take the ADX test prior to enrollment to determine if you feel comfortable with the material.
- Sheffield’s online aircraft dispatcher course material is more demanding and comprehensive than the ADX test; it is important that you feel comfortable before moving forward.
- Use PSI to register and find an ADX testing center close to you.
Tuition and Online Course Costs
- The online aircraft dispatcher course, on average, takes a minimum of 3-4 months to complete.
- Students are given 4 months to access Phase 1, which can be extended for $400/month.
- It is important to know that overdue assignments will NOT be accepted. There are no excuses, understandings, or ‘it-will-not-happen-again”.
- Phase 1 of the online course is $1500 (non-refundable) tuition fee, and an additional $1500 in tuition for Phase 2 residency.
- Additional fees that could apply are $400 for the practical exam retest. All fees are non-refundable and are due at enrollment or on the first day of class.
- All tuition payments can be made in cash, travelers/bank/company/certified check, money order, MasterCard or Visa. No personal checks or AMEX are accepted at Sheffield.
Pros and Cons of Online Aircraft Dispatcher Courses
Like any institution of higher learning, Sheffield School of Aeronautics aims to be balanced and impartial. And like any institution filled with technicians and engineers, we cannot help but see all the benefits and drawbacks of every path available. Plotting paths is, after all, a very aircraft dispatcher thing to do.
What are the pros and cons of online aircraft dispatcher school? Why should you choose an online aircraft dispatcher course instead of going to the aircraft dispatcher school?
- Lower Costs
You will save money when you choose a Sheffield’s online aircraft dispatcher course. We also offer aircraft dispatcher school discounts.
- Less Travel
You will spend less time traveling to our aircraft dispatcher school in South Florida, but, you must still visit the Sheffield location for one week to test.
Attending an online aircraft dispatcher school can be more convenient. However, be prepared, the course is not for those who cannot set time aside to study the large amount of material.
- Study by Yourself
This falls into the category regarding time management and difficulty. Students who choose to take the aircraft dispatcher course at our location in South Florida are lucky to be surrounded by other students. Sheffield encourages our students to form study groups with the other students they are living with. This creates a higher probability for success.
The aircraft dispatcher course is not easy. Of course, we don’t want to scare anyone away from deciding to take the aircraft dispatcher course online, but it would be irresponsible of us to not point out the difficulty of the course. It requires commitment!
Tips to Succeed in The Online Dispatcher Course
Do not study anything that has not been approved by an instructor. If you have any questions regarding information from your aircraft dispatcher courses, reach out to your instructors. Sheffield School of Aeronautics provides an instruction manual that you can only get at our school, which goes into more detail than most other aircraft dispatcher schools.
The aircraft dispatcher course is something that requires rigorous study. Embarking on a career in aircraft dispatching is a commitment, and there is a fair amount of responsibility put on the shoulders of dispatchers; you are as responsible for the safety of the flight as the pilots! The majority of those who become aircraft dispatchers do so as a career; there are of course those who move on to other things, but aircraft dispatching is a career path for the majority of its certification holders.
Airlines offer benefits, promote from within, and value loyalty. As a member of the airline’s staff, you will be a part of that world and if you are like most, you will maintain your position long-term.
Tests are conducted by FAA approved instructors at Sheffield School of Aeronautics. We do not pass students on anything other than the virtue of their skill and knowledge. There are FAA aircraft dispatcher certification test preps available on the Sheffield website, and reaching out to instructors for help or other students for group study is strongly encouraged.
If you want to learn more about aircraft dispatching careers in general and what the job pertains, check out our article A Day In the Life of An Aircraft Dispatcher.
- About Sheffield
- What Separates Sheffield From Other Aircraft Dispatcher Schools?
- Why You Should Study at an FAA-Accredited School
- The Difference Between Sheffield’s Aircraft Dispatcher Courses
- Why Choose Sheffield as Your Aircraft Dispatching School
- Tips for Obtaining an Airline Dispatcher Certification
- What You Need to Know About FAA Flight Dispatcher License
- Why Does the Aircraft Dispatcher Salary Start So Low?